SEO is a long process and rewards the best when executed properly. If you’re launching a new website or already started one, then these tips will be really helpful in executing SEO for the first time.
The steps are following, and we will discuss them one by one:
- Design a mobile-friendly website
- Do effective keyword research
- Do on-page SEO of all the pages
- Plan a clean link structure and start interlinking relevant posts
1) Start creating general pages
So after you’re done with getting a good domain name ( always choose a domain name which is relevant for your brand as it boosts rankings in the long term) and a good hosting ( choosing good hosting matters as your page speed, backup, and future of your site relies on it) for your website.
It is now time to start curate and create general pages for your website. The general pages are the pages which tell your visitors:
- What is your brand about?
- What is your product?
- What are the services you offer?
- How people can contact you?
- How to reach your office for a meeting?
You can divide the general pages into following and segregate relevant information into the pages:
- Home Page: This page tells what your business is all about. Make sure the copywriting of your home page is crisp, clear and short as the user attention is shorter than ever and you have to deliver your message in a short time.
- About Us: This page tells about your team and its purpose.
- Contact Us: A page with a form so people can reach you via phone call/e-mail
- Directions: A page with a Google map embedded in to help your visitor find you.
- Pricing: Your pricing plans and how the customer can pay you.
2. Design a mobile-friendly website
With the new Google SEO update: Mobile-first indexing effective from 1st July it is extremely important to create a mobile-friendly website. It will help you build an online presence in a short time.
You can use Google AMP ( Accelerated Mobile Pages) framework to make faster and well-optimized web pages. Please click here to read more about it.
3. Do effective keyword research
Keyword research is the foundation of your SEO strategy. It makes sure your SEO efforts don’t go in vain and you scale up online in a steady manner.
Keyword research is basically searching for keywords which are easy to rank for and has low competition. By targetting this keywords we can start getting traffic easily at the initial phase of our website.
In the beginning, when our website is in the process of building Domain authority, it is best to look for:
- Long-tail keywords, that is keywords which consist of four or more words.
- Keywords which have high search volume, low CPC and low SEO difficulty
- Keywords which are relevant to the content of our website.
By doing effective keyword research your website can start getting traffic from the second or third month itself.
4. Do on-page SEO of all the pages
Do on-page SEO of all the pages by:
- Optimizing the page title for your targeted keyword
- Writing crisp and clear meta description
- Spending time on writing effective headings
- Optimizing images for the keyword
- Optimizing heading and subheadings for the targeted keyword
- Using LSI keywords in our content
- Optimizing the link URL
- Link to external websites for reference
5. Plan a clean link structure and start interlinking relevant pages
A clean link structure is important for crawling and indexing your website. It also assists a user in navigating effectively on the website.
Below are some steps to create a clean link structure:
- Plan all the categories and sub-categories for your pages
- Start grouping pages into relevant categories
- Plan a menu and implement it with the help of categories
- Start interlinking relevant pages
- Use bread-crumbs
Thanks for reading!
IPRO DEZIGN PTE LTD
Singapore Web Design Agency