This is a regular question our clients often ask us. And the answer is yes, the website design of your business is a crucial part to work on when planning the SEO strategy.
Your website design is solely responsible for providing your visitors (potential customers) a better user experience. Judge it by yourself: suppose you google “ SEO agency in Singapore” and you find two websites:
- One with boring colors, enormous content blocks, and messy link structures
- The second one is clearwith well-formatted content (short paragraphs, infographics, and proper link structure)
On which website you will be more engaged? When we questioned the same for our clients at IPRO DEZIGN (a web design and SEO agency in Singapore), around 95% of them preferred a clean website with better user experience elements.
This states that good user experience of a website attracts thousands of more visitors as compared to simple websites with one or no user experience elements.
And what is SEO?
SEO is basically a process of creating and publishing content and websites with the sole intent of solving visitors queries and providing them good user experience (UI/UX design elements). So yes, design matters in SEO.
In the next section, we will discuss how design can improve the SEO aspect of your website and why it’s important.
So let’s dive in.
Importance of website design in SEO
Below are the points depicting the importance of web design in SEO:
- User experience is one of the top-ranking factors in Google
- Keeps your visitors engaged on your website
- A good website with attractive well-optimized design gets better conversions and attracts valuable search engine traffic
- Design plays an important role while optimizing your pages for ON-page SEO
- Good design can get you more reviews, ratings, and shares (Social Signals)
How good website design can improve SEO?
In the past two years, Google rolled out several updates to help users get better results when they search. As of now, there are over 200 ranking factors which define the Google ranking algorithm. Some of the top-ranking factors of 2019 include:
You’ll be surprised to know that good design can give you a good hand out in the above-ranking factors. As these factors solely rely on a good website design. The good website design keeps the user engaged on your website for a longer period of time. In this way they spend more time on your website, share your content and rate it.
This indeed rewards your website with:
- Good dwell time as users spend more time on your website
- Get decent social signals as your audience will share and promote your website (as they love its design)
- Backlinks as they will use your website as a reference when required
In this way by providing a good user experience to your visitors, you can get one step ahead in the SEO game.
Thereby redesigning your website design and optimizing it for the search engines is important for your online/offline business to:
- Increase your brand awareness
- Engage with your visitors and understand their queries
- Tell more about your services and how your visitors can benefit from it
IPRO DEZIGN PTE LTD – Singapore Web Design Agency